Rachele Cafazo is an birth and postpartum & infant care doula in Greater Cincinnati. We are so excited to have her on our team. Today, we get to know her a little better.
What's your why? Doula work can be draining, physically and emotionally. Why do you do it?
I believe supporting women and families is one of the most important things we can do for society. Not to mention I love everything pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. My heart is truly in this work.
"Being a doula means I get to follow my passion and meet people who inspire me with their vulnerability and strength every day."
How long have you lived in the Cincinnati Area?
16 years. It's home :)
What do you love about living in Cincinnati?
I love the unique culture. There's weird delicious food, a growing hip downtown scene, great sports rivalries, and the first question a fellow Cincinnatian asks you when you cross paths out of town is where you went to high school.
What's your favorite place to eat in Cincinnati?
Che. It's an Argentinian restaurant in Over-the-Rhine. Best food I've ever had.
GoldStar or Skyline? UC or XU?
Definitely Skyline. Probably XU (I'm a UK girl though. Go Cats.)
What does your ideal Saturday look like?
A hike in the morning, Canes chicken for lunch, a long drive with my friends through the countryside, a nice dinner somewhere downtown, see a movie or show at the Aronoff with my brother, then wind down at the Highland Coffee House in Clifton.
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Probably Italy. My family is Italian so I would love to explore the country. I'm also Catholic so visiting Rome as part of that trip would be awesome.
What did you want to be when you grew up?
A rainforest explorer and scientist. I was always outside studying the world around me as a kid.
Ten Interesting Facts About Rachele
1. I love singing, acting, and all things theatre. I've performed in 14 shows.
2. My favorite book is A Thousand Splendid Suns
3. I have never left the United States
4. I study nursing and neuroscience in college
5. I used to have a photographic memory
6. I've played tennis off and on since I was 4
7. I love reading and writing poetry. I see birth as a kind of poem.
8. When I was in high school I lived in my brother's closet. There was just enough room for me to plop a mattress on the floor, so that became my room (not by choice)
9. My mom was a professional ballerina but I can't dance to save my life.
10. I hate winter. I'm always cold.