Paige Menkins is a birth doula serving Greater Cincinnati. We are thrilled to have her on our team. Today we're getting to know her more.
What's your why? Doula work can be draining, physically and emotionally. Why do you do it?
I am passionate about supporting families. What better way than through one of the biggest events in their lives, whatever their birth looks like.
"Being a doula means I'm by your side to support your
choices and give you compassionate encouragement."
Tell us more about your family.
I’ve been married to my husband Dan for 4 years. We have a little boy and a baby girl.
How long have your lived in the Cincinnati area?
I was born and raised in Cincinnati, and other than a few short stints elsewhere, I have lived here my whole life.
What do you love about living in Cincinnati?
The big city amenities and the small town charm - I love the parks, the architecture, the food and the people.
Where's your favorite place to eat in Cincinnati?
I love the Eagle or Taft’s Ale House if we are going more casual. If it’s date night my favorites are Nicolas and Sotto.
Goldstar or Skyline? UC or XU?
Pleasant Ridge or Blue Ash Chili! UK!
What does your ideal Saturday look like?
A slow morning with my family, OTR for brunch and Washington Park, a long family nap in the afternoon and a grill out with friends to end the day.
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would love to take my husband to Luxembourg where I lived briefly in college.
What did you want to be when you grew up?
Ten Interesting Facts About Paige
1. I have lived on three continents
2. My husband told me he would marry me the day we met.
3. I was a “baseball wife” for the first 6 years of our relationship. I have spent more hours at ballparks than almost anywhere else.
4. In 2008 I spent Valentine’s Day in Paris, and St. Patrick’s day in Dublin.
5. I worked In marketing for for 8 years before becoming a doula.
6. Both my children’s first names are family names from my husbands side and middle names are from my family’s side.
7. I’ve been to over 20 countries.
8. They say it’s impossible to lick your elbow, but I can do it.
9. I’m the oldest of 3 girls
10. I ran my first marathon (The Flying Pig) in 2015 and found out I was pregnant a week later.